join the conversation

join the conversation

Friday, October 26, 2012

STUDENT RECOGNIZED AS MOST DISTINGUISHED UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT


Senior Megan Wise was honored with the Most Distinguished Undergraduate Student as the annual conference of the Ohio Communication Association award reception. Wise was recognized not only for her scholastic achievements, but also for her involvement outside of the classroom within the field of communication studies. “This honor and recognition means a great deal to me and I am extremely humbled. I deeply care about my academics, so to be recognized for my commitment to my education is greatly appreciative,” said Wise.

 "I am so very happy for Megan receiving this award.  Her performance within the classroom, as my Editorial Assistant, as the President of both Accent on PR  and Lambda Pi Eta has been nothing short of stellar.  To have her recognized as the best Communication Studies undergraduate student in the state of Ohio should make all of Ashland University proud,”  said Dr. Theodore Avtgis, Professor and Chair of the Department of Communication Studies at Ashland University.