join the conversation

join the conversation

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Professor Randall-Griffiths Wins Award


IMG_8033.JPGDr. Deleasa Randall-Griffiths, Associate Professor in the Department of Communication Studies, was honored at the annual Ohio Communication Award Banquet with the most innovated teacher award. Her outstanding work and dedication in the classroom was acknowledged and the department is extremely proud of her accomplishment.  Dr. Randall-Griffiths is honored to receive this award because of her deep passion for teaching at the college level: “It was very affirming to have my peers from other institutions review my record and select me for the OCA 2012 Innovative Teacher award. I feel very valued and appreciated."  The OCA conference was a great success in Dr. Randall-Griffith’ mind and she thoroughly enjoyed her time spent at the conference. “I really enjoyed spending time with our students at OCA. The poster presentations were very professional and made us all so proud. As a teacher you sometimes feel a bit like a parent and it is always rewarding to see your students doing well outside the classroom. For me, it was particularly exciting to listening to Megan Wise's presentation, knowing that the initial topic came from my Interpersonal Communication class, but hearing how her research has grown and developed,” said Dr. Randall-Griffiths.