join the conversation

join the conversation

Friday, June 1, 2012

ALUMNI SPOTLIGHT - JILL GOSCHE


Jill Gosche graduated from Ashland University in 2005 with a Bachelor of Arts in journalism and speech communication. She currently works at the Advertiser-Tribune newspaper in Tiffin, Ohio as the education reporter and editorial webmaster.
She enjoys many things about her job such as the people and having the opportunity to constantly meet new people. Also the flexibility of her schedule is something Gosche is happy to have.
“I love communication and I of course get to do that daily,” Gosche said. “I also love the feeling that I can help keep the public informed about issues that affect their lives.”
Gosche explains that the AU communications department not only molded her into the journalist that she is today but it helped shape how she approaches situations. “I feel like the professors truly shared their knowledge but also let me explore and make my own choices,” said Gosche. From the experiences that Gosche had, she described her time at AU as life-changing.