join the conversation

join the conversation

Monday, March 31, 2014

Wright Named Outstanding Sophomore

A big congratulation goes out to Ashland University Sophomore Madison Wright. The Ashland Chapter of the Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society has just named Madison the Outstanding Sophomore of the year. Madison is a triple major in Public Relations, Strategic, and Health and Risk Communication and also minors in History. The sophomore is in the Ashbrook Scholars Program at Ashland and is also a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America.

After winning the award Wright began to work with Dr. Vickie VanDresar and LeeAnn Larson on submitting her application to the national outstanding sophomore competition. “I am honored to be the one chosen to compete in nationals for Ashland University and the recognition of the work I have completed thus far has motivated me to continue putting all of the time I have into the University,” said Wright on her award.
As for all those who have helped her along the way Madison said “my main supporters have been my parents and professors who have pushed me to maximize my potential and drive. Without the professors giving me their time and believing in me, I would not have been aware of half the activities I am in.”

On behalf of all of us here in the Department of Communication Studies at Ashland University congratulations Madison on this great achievement, and best of luck in the national competition.